The future of mobile marketing is bright. Very bright.
• 250+ million Americans carry mobile phones—over 80% of the nation’s population
• Cell phones subscriptions will top 5 billion globally before 2011
• The global mobile advertising market was valued at over $16 billion in 2011
• Mobile text messaging has emerged as a new way of contacting customers with speed, relevance and effective response.
The Data Depot is proud to release 2 versions of our cell phone number list. Details and pricing are below. Learn more about our SMS / Text Marketing software as a service
Why Cell Phone Marketing; and why to build cell phone number list?
Whether you run a small or medium size business, an online marketing store, a shop, hotel or restaurant; or looking to spread awareness about your brand; cell phone marketing can dramatically change your business with abundance of opportunities. It lets you personally contact cell phone users and inspire them to make a visit to your website right from their mobile devices, desktop, tablet or laptop. Having a large chuck of cell phone number list is like expanding the opportunity to reach to maximum prospects in a short span of time.
Following statistics prove the fact:
In 2009, half a billion people accessed mobile Internet across the globe. It is highly expected to double in less than four years as a growing number of people are taking interest in surfing the internet on their cell phone devices. So the demand for cell phone number list in coming years will touch the sky.
In 2011, according to Facebook official statistics, “There are more than 250 million active users [50 percent] currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices. People that use Facebook on their mobile devices are twice as active on Facebook as non-mobile users.”
Approximately, 3.5 billion cell phones are SMS enabled, so they are easily accessible to companies who are ready to shell millions on making a reliable opt-in cell phone number list.
By the year of 2011, more than 85 percent of new cell phones have become web-enabled handset which shows the clear light on the growth of cell phone marketing opportunity. By the same year, approximately 8 trillion text messages were sent worldwide.
The change in customers’ behavior has initiated the cell phone marketing one step ahead. A growing number of cell phone users are embracing the idea of receiving emails, marketing messages, promotional coupons, useful information etc. on their cell phone devices. According to Marketers, they are receiving overwhelming responses from Cell phone advertisement. Moreover, with US$1 billion in annual mobile ad revenues, Google has become the major recipient of mobile ad spend.
In 2011, more than US$3.3 billion was spent on cell phone ad marketing and it is predicted that by the end of 2015, over US$20.6 billion will be spent on cell phone ads. Japan still dominates the world-wide cell phone ad spend.
Statistics illustrates that, the opt-in SMS campaigns fetch the highest ROI in the UK and France and some parts of the United States; and cell phone Web ads get the best results in Germany.
When it comes to profitability and deliverability, cell phone marketing definitely tops the chart. Moreover, it doesn’t cost much and is easy to use and manage. This is the key reason why marketers are keen on building a strong and reliable cell phone number list.
How does cell phone marketing work?
Cell phone marketing, by far, has surpassed all kinds of advertising and promotional activities with overwhelming return on investment and instant responses. In recent years, almost all major companies have started switching to cell phone marketing to promote their products, services and market presence. Building a strong and reliable cell phone number list is of utmost priority.
It not only helps you effectively communicate with a large consumer base, but is also cheaper and faster than the rest of the traditional marketing such as television, radio and print media. Recent statistics demonstrates that approximately 5.3 billion people currently have subscriptions for cell phones, and alone in Europe the total number of cell phones are about one third of the world’s population. The countries such as US and Japan have higher number of cell phone subscribers than the population.
These are the two steps on which cell phone marketing works:
Step 1: Use our opt in cell phone number list to your marketing campaigns.
Step 3: Because they have already opted in, you are free to send text messages and marketing campaigns to your cell phone subscribers. Inform them about the services and products on which they spending money will worth. Give value to their money and it will build a trust on your information and updates.
Here is an example
Step 1: If you have a restaurant and you want to instigate the cell phone marketing to let people know about your existence and interesting food items and recipes.
Create a text marketing message to add it to your menu, website, receipt, billboard, banner, flyer etc. It should be something like: “have special dinner in our restaurant and have a surprise coupons, or movie tickets”. In order to expand your reach, build a local Opt-in cell Phone Number List and send your promotional text messages.
Step 2: send at least two messages in a week, so that they feel updated with the ongoing offers, discounts, events and activities.
Special messages that can help like “Welcome to Sunday night, cause a special gift coupon is waiting for you….. be the first to have the opportunity…only first 30 visitors will have the chance to have it ”
Cell Phone Marketing Statistics Every Marketer Must Be Aware Of
1. According to Mobile Marketing Association Asia, 5.3 billion people have direct access to cell phone, which is almost 90 percent of the world’s population. Moreover the same source reveals that there are many countries including United States where there are more cell phone subscribers than the entire population. And the cell phone number list is growing every passing moment.
2. CTIA.org reports that generally it takes 90 minutes for the average person to respond to an email but takes 90 seconds to respond to a text message.
3. Mobile coupons are ten times more effective than the traditional coupons. People quickly notice them and respond in minutes. On the other hand print coupons hardly get noticed. Once you build a strong opt-in cell phone number list, the sky’s the limit.
4. 70% of mobile users on your opt-in cell phone number list, after receiving the marketing text messages, take action within an hour whereas 70% online users (even if they have opted to receive promotional mails from you) may take action in as many as 30 days.
5. According to Impiger Mobile, The average person has their cell phone within reach 14 hours a day.
6. Singlepoint reveals that 90% of text messages are read less than 3 minutes from the time it is sent out.
7. According to report of Google, 79% of smart phone users use their cell phone to collect the shopping information among which 74% ultimately purchase.
8. Mobile Marketer reports that by utilizing MMS and SMS, companies can reach approximately 95 percent of cell phone subscribers on both smart phones as well as non-smart phones equally.
Engage Customers to Get the Most out of Your Cell Phone Number List
You spend moths working on your cell phone number list; your hard work finally pays off and you end up building a strong Opt-in cell phone number list List. However, something is wrong! You are not getting the best out of your list. There are many marketers like yourself who feel their list is underpowered; they fail to engage customers in marketing conversations.
Following are some important strategies that encourage customers’ interaction:
1. Give your cell phone customers exactly what they want
Lately, HubSpot made a surprising revelation. It reported that over 40% percent of Smartphone users in USA and about 54% in the UK and Germany compare prices and read product reviews on their mobile device whilst visiting a store. It clearly indicates that it was time you optimized your website for mobile users and made sure that the information such as your store’s physical location, contact details, office hours etc. were well placed so the your visitors could easily find them. If a cell phone subscriber fails to find key information, he or she might click on your website but then make purchase somewhere else. Make sure you make the optimum use of your cell phone number list and provide your customers with what they want.
2. Make your email messages cell phone-friendly
With a growing trend of people accessing email on their cell phone devices, you need to make sure your emails are delivered and opened without any trouble. Keep your email design as simple as possible and place the small subject line up in the mail followed by the Call To Action link and social sharing option such as twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook page buttons. Prior to broadcasting your message on your cell phone number list, make sure you test it on several cell phone devices.
3. Work on your fan base
Almost everybody on your cell phone number list has direct access to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, FourSquare etc. Your task is to encourage them to connect with you in the social media sphere and have their say. This is the most effective way of expanding your social visibility as well as winning customers’ loyalty.
4. Invite List Sign-ups: Use Quick-Response Codes and Text Messages
If a cell phone user on your list signs up via text messages or quick response code, it is your responsibility to make them feel special. There are a plenty of things that you can do: You can offer them a savings coupon, a membership or a scratch or card etc. Let your subscribers feel special. This will help you build up a strong opt-in cell phone number list. This will also prevent you from manually entering email addresses in your database and wasting hours deciphering handwriting on sign-up sheets.
5. Make best use of social networking sites such as FourSquare and Gowalla
If you are to organize an event, seminar or party, take advantage of several location-based, product review sites with added social networking features. These sites will help you accumulate information about your customers’ purchasing behavior and how often they visit you and your competitors’ stores. These websites let customers share their experiences with their friends and acquaintances. Any attractive offer or exclusive shopping experience will encourage them to visit you more often.
6. Persuade your customers to write reviews about your products and services
A number of studies have concluded that people read reviews and feedback about the product and share experience among their friends and relatives. Just a couple of positive reviews and recommendations can add feathers to your hat! Therefore, make sure your customers on the cell phone number list are encouraged to write reviews about your products or services. You can guide them to visit websites such as Google Places, FourSquare, Facebook Page, Yelp, and TripAdvisor.
If you're a marketer, telephone marketing services bureau, debt collection firm, or other business concerned with calling wireless devices; Data Depot offers a solution for you—the Data Depot Wireless and Ported Phone Number list. Which together helps identify current & active wireless devices, ensuring that you stay in compliance with federal and state legislation, and save time and money..
The Data Depot Cell Phone Number List identifies the actual cell phone numbers. Competing products in the market place only identify basic NPA/NXX plus thousands blocks.
Currently, there are approximately 500+ million possible cell phone numbers allocated to the cell phone carriers. Of which, approx 244 million are currently active in the United States.
Why Mobile Marketing; and why to build mobile phone number list?
Prior to delving into why mobile marketing is important in today’s rapidly evolving advertising world, we better begin by understanding what mobile marketing is all about.
In a layman’s term it is all about reaching and communicating with consumers via cellular or mobile devices such as a cell phone, tablet, notebook and Smartphone. In broader terms it involves any marketing or promotional activity in which users read your messages, pick up calls; or are encouraged to visit your mobile website or store.
The following statistics, released by Microsoft Tag in July 2011, say it all on why mobile marketing should be taken seriously:
- *Globally, there are approximately 5.3 billion mobile subscribers across the world which is close to 77 percent of the entire population. Out of which over a 1.10 billion are Smartphone users and the mobile phone number list is rapidly growing by every passing moment.
- *Approx 3.5 billion mobile phones are SMS enabled and is regularly accessed by companies, NGOs, educational institutions for marketing and promotional activities. Today companies are ready to shell millions on making a reliable opt-in mobile phone list.
- *Mobile Internet users will overtake desktop internet users by the mid 2014. As of 2011, over 50 percent local searches are made from a mobile device.
- *About a billion Smartphone users access internet everyday which is expected to double in less than four years.
- *A growing number of internet users are turning into mobile-only users. Such users have either stopped using desktop computer, laptop or tablet or rarely use them. In the US alone, about 25 internet users are mobile-only users.
- *By the end of 2011, as much as 85 percent on new handsets will be mobile web enabled.
- *SMS is still the best way to reach out the audience! As many as 8 trillion text messages will be exchanged in the year 2011. On the other hand, mobile email is increasing at about 10 percent every month.
- *Annual mobile phone ad spend is expected to cross $3.3 billion US dollars in the year 2011 and is likely to cross $20 billion mark in 2015.
- *One out of five mobile phone subscriber has regular access to 3G
- *Application to Person SMS (automated SMSs sent from server) is expected to overtake person to person SMS in less than 5 years from now. The survey also suggests that people like receiving automated SMS alerts from banks, local retailers etc.
- * In the UK and France, companies are spending more money on building mobile phone number list than any other form of direct marketing. In Germany, web ads are getting the highest ROI.
- *Apart from making call, a growing number of people are using mobile for obtaining information, accessing weather reports, social networking, playing games and searching products. The US consumers prefer mobile browsers over web browsers for local info, news, video, banking, travel, shopping, sports and blogs.
- *Alone in the US, mobile searches have quadrupled in the last year. Moreover, for many items, one in seven searches is now mobile.
- *As much as 71 percent Smartphone users who watch TV, reads print newspaper or magazine, do a mobile search.
Alone in the US, there are approximately 280 million Smartphone subscribers out of which about a 100 million subscribers are accessing mobile websites spending hours browsing internet and doing every bit of what you do on a desktop or laptop. It clearly means there is a huge market to deliver your message in the matter of second. If you are not utilizing mobile marketing and focusing on building up mobile phone number list, you are certainly missing out on a lot.
In addition, mobile marketing doesn’t cost much to start and operate and it is highly profitable. All you need to have is a reliable mobile phone number list, a well thought-out plan and proper execution.
In today’s highly competitive world, there is no space for error. A business runs on advertisement and you’d certainly not like to give your competitors an edge. Every effective marketing tool has to be utilized and mobile marketing is one of those. Mobile advertising is the next biggest marketing giant you need to utilize its awesome characteristics.
How does mobile marketing work?
Mobile marketing, by far, is the most effective and fastest growing marketing strategy to promote businesses, products and services. It is also the most effective tool to create awareness about a brand and communicate with consumers. In the US alone, over 85 percent people receive message alerts from banks, railways, airlines, hotels, dentists and doctors. Whether you own a local utility shop, a restaurant, a night club or run an NGO, people like receiving updates, offers and messages on their mobile phones.
Compared to other forms of advertising such as print, radio and television, mobile marketing is inexpensive, much faster and personal. People might not carry their desktop or laptop wherever they go but never forget to carry mobile phone. Mobile phones are as essential as purse or wallet and the car or bike keys. In recent months, a growing number of companies have acknowledged its effectiveness and are keen on growing their mobile phone number list.
Following is a three step process on how mobile marketing works:
Step 1: Include mobile marketing (mobile phone number list) to your existing marketing campaigns.
Step 2: Work hard and convert your prospects into mobile subscribers
Step 3: Start using text messaging, mobile email campaigns to your mobile subscribers. Providing them with value for money services, coupons, updates information etc. and allow them to have their say on your products and services.
Let’s understand it best through an example:
Assuming you run a restaurant, ‘EatAndHaveFun’ and want to initiate a mobile marketing, following is what you’ll do.
Create a text marketing phrase and add it to your website, menu, receipt, billboard, banner, flyer etc. It should be something like: “text ‘EatAndHaveFun’ to 80………..and receive ‘EatAndHaveFun’ coupons, deals, special events and movie tickets.
In order to reach more prospects, you can even think of ordering Local Opt-in Mobile Phone Number List from a reliable vendor. The list will contain the mobile numbers of the local people who’ve opted for receiving promotional offers from restaurants and eateries.
Inform all your staff about the ongoing mobile marketing campaign and get them prepared to play their part. Every visiting customer should be made aware of your mobile marketing program and the benefits entailed. Work hard and convert your prospects into subscribers.
Make sure your customers feel special if they opt into your mobile list.
Make sure you send at least 2 to 3 texts a week to your Mobile Phone Number List. In addition, your emphasis should be on providing special promotions deals to the people who opted in for hearing from you. You can also think of texting them with the local news and events; provided it is of their interest.
A typical example a marketing text would be like, “Tuesday night: VIP members ONLY – Make a visit tonight, show this text and receive a free appetizer and dessert.”
I hope the above example gets you the answer to ‘How Mobile marketing Works’. It’s as simple as that!
However, you should be very careful about your prospects and make sure they don’t feel offended by your frequent messages. Like other advertising methods, mobile marketing has certain limitations. You should not expect that every member you text messages to would be lining up at your place. At the end of the day what matters is how you deal with your customers and the service you provide. Once you have a strong customer base, you’ll see how your business skyrockets.
Amazing Mobile Marketing Statistics Every Marketer Must Know
Following Mobile Marketing Statistics will make your eyes pop out with immense amazement:
- *It takes less than 68 minutes to report a lost phone; whereas, to report a lost wallet it takes no less than 26 hours for the average person. (Source: Unisys)
- *Over the past three years, the growth of the iPhone has been 10 times faster than the growth of America Online. (Source: Nielsen)
- *According to mobile marketing association, in some countries, the number of mobile subscription is higher than the entire population. (Well, mobile phones are not owned by ghosts or aliens, it just is that some people are subscribers to more than one service providers)
- *Another shocking but funny revelation made by Mobile Marketing Association Asia says, “there are 6.8 billion people on the planet out of which 5.1 billion own a mobile phone. But only 4.2 billion own a toothbrush.
- *According to Mobile Marketer, “as much as 70 percent of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour.”
- *An average person takes at least 90 minutes to respond to an email, but it takes less than 90 seconds to respond to a text message. (Source: CTIA.org)
- *Morgan Stanley reports that 91 percent of all US citizens are in the reach of their mobile devices 24/7.
- *According to Borrell Associates, mobile coupons get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons.
- *Jupiter survey reports that there are mobile phones on the planet than TVs and computer sets.
Engage Customers to Get the Best out of Your Mobile Phone Number List
Even a strong Opt-in Mobile Phone Number List is underpowered if you fail to engage your customers in marketing conversations. Following are six easy strategies that encourage customers’ interaction:
- *Give your mobile customers what they want
According to HubSpot, about forty percent of Smartphone users compare prices and read product reviews on their mobile device whilst shopping inside a store. The point is you need to optimize your website for mobile users and make sure that the information such as physical location of your store, contact details, office hours etc. are well placed so that your visitors can easily find them. If a mobile user fails to find crucial information, they will click for sure but then make purchase somewhere else. Make sure you make the best use of your mobile phone number list and give your customers what they want.
- *Make your emails mobile-friendly
With a growing number of people accessing email through their mobile devices, it is wise to make sure your emails get delivered and opened without any trouble. Don’t forget to keep your email design simple and light on text and include the small subject line placed up in the mail followed by the CTA link and social sharing option. In addition, prior to broadcasting your message, you need to test your mail on different mobile devices and make sure they open well and are readable.
- *Work on your fan base
A majority of mobile phone subscribers on your list have direct access to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, FourSquare etc. You need to encourage them to connect with you in the social media sphere and have their say. This is the best way to expand your social visibility as well as win customers’ loyalty.
- *Invite List Sign-ups via Quick-Response Codes and Text Messages
If a customer signs up via text messages or quick response code, it is your job to make them feel special. You can offer them a savings coupon, a scratch or membership card etc. to sweeten the deal. This will help you build up a strong mobile phone number list. This will save you from manually entering email addresses in your database and spending hours deciphering handwriting on sign-up sheets.
- *Take advantage of social networking sites such as FourSquare and Gowalla
If you happen to organize an event, seminar or party, take advantage of location-based social networking sites. These sites help you collect information about your customers’ behavior and how often they visit you. In addition, they let customers share their views on various products and services with their friends and acquaintances. Any attractive offer or unique purchase experience will encourage them to visit you more often.
- *Encourage your customers to write reviews and suggestions
Encourage your customers to write reviews about your product or service. Tell them to be frank and write their genuine experiences. They will respect your honesty and commitment to delivering the best. You can write a simple line: “Let us know how we did!” You can direct them to websites such as Google Places, Yelp, FourSquare, Facebook Page, and TripAdvisor. These are very popular places where people love to write product or service reviews. You can also ask them to mention you in their Tweets.
A word of caution, do your research. A good place to start is this article http://www.mobilemarketer.com/
Use the cell phone list to build business relevant custom opt-in list that specifically support your business and in every SMS. It is the customers responsibility to adhere to all of the FTC CAN SPAM Guidelines including allowing recipients to be removed from your campaign upon request.